Holiday Brunch Casserole ( I haven't made this yet, but also did a lot of research on recipe websites for one this year.......in the review section of this one, a couple of the reviewers said the given cook time was not enough, so I noted that)
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 cup cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk; pour over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes (may take up to 50 mins per comments) or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 366 calories,